The Personal Listening Profile helps individuals to identity their preferred Listening Style and understand how they can use other approaches when appropriate. The profile is designed to help people accept interpersonal differences and adopt behavioral strategies that foster considerate, collaborate, and effective relationships.
The Personal Listening Profile can be used in a variety of contexts to help deliver many different insights and benefits. The tool is most frequently used to help individuals and groups:
- Understand their preferences, strengths, and growth areas as listeners
- More accurately & effectively gather, understand, & judge the information presented to them
- Understand how others might have Listening Styles that are different from their own
- Accept, welcome, and encourage the entire spectrum of Listening Styles
- Develop communication strategies that help people avoid misunderstandings, frustrations, & resentment.