What is DiSC®
DISC is a four-quadrant model used to explain human behavior. Although the model is extremely simple and easy to learn, it’s also as complex and varied as we are as humans. Using the model to understand yourself and others and developing the skills to adapt your behavior can greatly improve communications and performance leading to greater personal and professional success.
DISC provides a nonjudgmental language for exploring behavioral issues across four primary dimensions:
Dominance: Direct and Decisive
Influence: Optimistic and Outgoing
Steadiness: Sympathetic and Cooperative
Conscientiousness: Concerned and Correct
Questions DISC Can Help Answer
- What are my strengths?
- What are my limitations?
- How do I relate to people and my environment; What are my strategies for creating positive relationships (with family, friends, clients, others)?
- How can I increase effectiveness in others and myself?
- How do I behave as a manager?
- What are my strategies for managing others?
- How do I direct, delegate, motivate and problem solve?
- What is my natural approach to selling?
- How do I open the call, ask questions, present my ideas or products?
- How do I handle objections, gain commitment and service my clients?
- What motivates me?
- What de-motivates me?
- What type of environment do I prefer?
- What things do I tend to avoid doing?
- What’s my response to conflict?
- How do I make decisions, manage time, solve problems or handle stress?
How DISC Can Help You And Your Clients
- Improve communication with others.
- Improve sales ability.
- Ease frustration and conflicts in the workplace.
- Enhance customer service.
- Build relationships.
- Build productive teams.
- Develop effective mangers.
- Develop effective relationships.
- Decrease conflicts.
- Coach self or others.
Some Uses for the DiSC® Personal Profile System®
- Better understand self and others.
- Enhance personal and professional relationships.
- Increase productivity and efficiency.
- Train clients, managers, employees, vendors, customers, and prospects.
- Coach others.
- Build Teams.
- Develop Managers.
- Increase Sales.
- Improve Customer Service.
- Market to clients.